My current project is using ASP.NET Webforms and we are using a COM component for some simulations.
During some UI integration tests, we got the error from the title: HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT) during a call to the COM component.
Obviously, I tried reproducing the error on my development machine but the error was nowhere to be found - everything worked!
After a quick search on Google, I've encountered this article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163544.aspx) where the solution is presented: set the AspCompat="true" in the @Page directive of the ASP.NET page.
Once I've done that, the error dissapeared!
Hope it helps some of you... :)