Monday, June 1, 2015

IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation (Worklight) - nodename nor servname provided or not known (some ip)

Hey there,

Due to Mac@IBM initiative, I've moved my primary workstation to 2014 MacBook Pro (15') with an OSX Yosemite 10.10.3.

Being a Mobile Architect in IBM Mobile Center of Competency, I also do a lot of work with IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation (aka Worklight).
In one of my current projects (developed with IBM MFPF) I got the error in the title when building an iPad environment.
Looking in /etc/hosts and /private/etc/hosts the mappings were correct. The solution was to change the host name using the scutil command:
scutil --set HostName "localhost" 

Happy IMF coding! :)



3 comments:

Lwer Perry said...

I need to say that the data here was the most finish that I discovered anyplace. I am unquestionably bookmarking this to return and read later.
Bare Metal Dedicated Services

skybird technology said...


Thanks for posting this useful content, Good to know about new things here, Let me share this, . PL/SQl training in pune

Saber Khalili said...

Your content is very informative
Please see video below
Expression and speech training
http://mahanteymouri.ir/expression-art/